Post names here if you have killing floor :)

For Zombie hoons

Moderator: Seniors

BlisteringBarnacles
Senior Clan Member
Senior Clan Member

Postby BlisteringBarnacles » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Lord_Loki wrote:But I feel like both games are two ends of the same stick and I like both for different reasons. I don't particularly prefer one over the other, I think they're both pretty entertaining and pretty frustrating (and repetitive).

Besides, how can you all complain of it's repetitiveness when we all play DoD still, on the same handful of maps? :lol:

Great post Lord Loki...I look forward to giving KF a go
0 x
Bye Bye! See you next time! :byebye:

UniKage
Was WaD

Postby UniKage » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:04 am

I do not agree, You can not walk into Expert SP with nubs on LFD2 and just fly through it.

LFD2 Versus mode gives LFD2 that better / harder experience IMO. Since bots never really work together well on SP but in Versus you can set up great combos / traps and this IMO brings a new lay of skill / strategy to the game that KF does not have.
0 x
Give me free wins. Just Retire
Take your cheesing back to Aiur
Build more bases. Take the map, bro
Use control groups, learn to macro

Sup son ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BigMike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BigMike » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:28 am

Lord_Loki wrote:Personally, I'd say KF requires more teamwork and is harder. Enemies have more substance to them and camping in a room with auto-shotguns almost never works on KF, unlike L4D. I've played L4D on expert since it was released, but I only play KF on hard because it's just that brutal. And unlike L4D, you can't just bodge your way through with half a team of noobs. People need to know what they're doing or otherwise GTFO, as no one wants a bottomless money pit crying, "I doid, can has moar muney?" every new wave. Personally, I feel like KF requires more in the way of strategy and skill, with loadouts, classes, teamwork, etc.

Also, discounting Versus out of hand due to the fact KF doesn't have a mode to compare with. It's like trying to compaire Skyrim to Mass Effect 3 (yes, I realise it's not out yet, but just for reference's sake) and being all, "Oh, ME3 has a MP mode". Sure, it has that, but it has little to no bearing on what you're actually comparing, which is the core mechanics the games share I.E an open ended RPG experience. Or in KF/L4D sake, a team driven battle against infected/monster opponents.

Plus, I was just never a fan of Versus mode. Took too much away from the atmosphere of the game, IMO. But I feel like both games are two ends of the same stick and I like both for different reasons. I don't particularly prefer one over the other, I think they're both pretty entertaining and pretty frustrating (and repetitive).

Besides, how can you all complain of it's repetitiveness when we all play DoD still, on the same handful of maps? :lol:

In L4D, the all-crouch-in-a-corner-with-auto-shottys bit was lame....but in L4D2 you just can't do that. You have new enemies (charger and spitter) designed to stop that strategy.
0 x
GRAMMAR: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Lord_Loki
Stalker

Postby Lord_Loki » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:08 pm

UniKage wrote:I do not agree, You can not walk into Expert SP with nubs on LFD2 and just fly through it.

LFD2 Versus mode gives LFD2 that better / harder experience IMO. Since bots never really work together well on SP but in Versus you can set up great combos / traps and this IMO brings a new lay of skill / strategy to the game that KF does not have.

I never said fly, I said bodge. Slightly different meanings between the two, lol. Versus was broken and inbalanced, IMO. The tactics and traps from the special infected were a nice touch, but the game just kept spamming them in to keep the game time between the two teams balanced, which took away from the feel and pacing of the game. Having an experienced human team get slaughtered 30 seconds into the game due to the fact the infected spawned as 3 hunters and a smoker is a prime example, in my mind, of why Versus isn't that great.

However, as I said, you're comparing apples to oranges and that's not exactly fair. If KF did have a Versus mode, I could only imagine it'd be that much harder then L4D(2)'s Versus mode. Fleshpounds can be hard enough to kill without a Scrake and a Husk working in unison with it. Simply, in a co-op to co-op comparison, KF ranks up as being the more challenging experience. Versus does make the game harder in the fact the infected can work together, but I still say that mode suffers balancing issues.

BulletMagnet wrote:In L4D, the all-crouch-in-a-corner-with-auto-shottys bit was lame....but in L4D2 you just can't do that. You have new enemies (charger and spitter) designed to stop that strategy.

Yes, which work brilliantly in Versus mode, but not so much in SP. Ignoring the fact they'll just attack the first player they see, who usually seems to often be off on his/her own instead of in the corner with everyone else, it's rare they seem to spawn in at a time where people are crouched in a corner. It seems more like just a streak of bad luck if one does spawn in and unsurp people from their cover rather then a legit counter by the computer. They pretty much usually end up being another slightly annoying thing you have to overcome.

The wandering Witch was a more meancing enemy, IMO. Seen several people shoot her thinking she was just another zombie and then getting torn a new one.
0 x
And if I could go back and make my amends,
I'd make all of those mistakes again!
I'd kill every last one of those bastards, my friend!

UniKage
Was WaD

Postby UniKage » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:09 am

The problem you mentioned with spawning as x3 hunters was a bug that has been fixed in LFD2 now for ages.

The only time it happens now is if its Humans / Bots on the infected teams. If its all Humans in the game it wont happen.
0 x
Give me free wins. Just Retire

Take your cheesing back to Aiur

Build more bases. Take the map, bro

Use control groups, learn to macro

Sup son ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lord_Loki
Stalker

Postby Lord_Loki » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Hmmmm, may have to give it another try then.
0 x
And if I could go back and make my amends,

I'd make all of those mistakes again!

I'd kill every last one of those bastards, my friend!

Return to “Killing Floor”