First book is almost complete

What is...

Moderator: Seniors

Roda-Stien
Clan Member
Clan Member

First book is almost complete

Postby Roda-Stien » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:32 am

I'm writing the last story to my first anthology book that will have 8 stories all based on dreams, and here is the first couple of chapters...

Story Title: Inhaling the Future

Chapter 1: Big ba-da boom!

Julius Robert Oppenheimer said "Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds”. That was the words of the man that developed the atomic bomb and that would change not only the life on this planet but the planet its self. It happened after about 80 years after the Second World War Even though there had been minor wars and conflicts in those 80 years, there wasn’t any major one. That was until an accident, the worst accident in history changed all that. All this did happen before I was born so I can only tell you from what I have been told. The accident was from a simple missile test that went horribly wrong. Japan was doing their standard showing the might of their military by firing long range missiles over the Pacific Ocean and having them detonate half way in between American. The missile in question at full range would have certainly reached America, which is why they were detonated at half range. America was made aware of these test to avoid in confrontation between the nations. But one Japan missile operator forgot to put the detonation programing into a missile, so it went further than the rest. America not fully trusting Japan because of World War Three was on standby mode and ready to fire back just in case the test became real and that is what happened… kind of. The missile programmer that forgot the code for detonation set off a nuclear war. The last war on earth because the wars after that will be fought in space. But those battles are not for this tale, World War Three is. So back to the missile tests from Japan. The missiles were launched and everything was going according to plan. That until the final missiles were fired and one just kept going, and going and just didn’t stop. The Japan battleships off shore fired upon the missile in an attempt to destroy the wayward missile but they missed the target. Noticing this, America armed their missiles back at Japan and planned to fire if the missile hit America. News of this spread around the world and every other country braced its self for war. Japan sent tones of messages to America telling them it was a mistake and that something went wrong. But because of the mistrust America had for Japan, those messages fell on deaf ears and America didn’t buy the “it’s a mistake”. The missile got closer and closer and the President of USA gave the order to fire back if it lands on American soil. The missile was on a direction towards San Francisco and the President ordered an evacuation but it was too late. The missile hit at the heart of San Francisco decimating the city killing millions. At the time that this happened America retaliated and fired back at Japan, triggering off a nuclear war between the super powers. When America and Japan fired on each other, their allies opened fire as well. Within just a few hours from the Japan missile accident, 3 billion people were killed in the nuclear attacks. Not only was the life of Earth effected from these nuclear blasts but the Earth itself. It was felt all over the world, the Earth shaking and mountains disappearing into flat lands and the Earth opened via volcanoes erupting. Some oceans changed colour as a result and billions of fish were washing on the shore. It was nothing but chaos and the world has never been the same as I have been told. Years after the war nations divided and some joined.

Chapter 2: The New Element

The world took over 50 years before the radiation fallout fully settled from the initial first nuke. Then it took a further 20 years for mankind to rebuild basic infrastructure (power and water) and transportation. Then whilst at night a piolet saw something really strange in the Indian Ocean, there was lines of purple neon glow in the water. Since radio communications (landline communication was established) was still down at that time, the piolet couldn’t radio in the position of the glow. So the piolet had to land and then tell people via voice about what he saw and where he saw it. But by the time they got back out there to investigate the strange neon glow, it was daylight and it was gone. The piolet swore about what he saw but everyone else didn’t believe him. A week went by and the piolet did serval flights over the area in daylight to try and get a photo of what he saw but with no result. He then got the idea to flight at night for that was the time that he saw the glow. Just as the first time he saw it, the glow was there and he took the photos as prove of what he saw. He took the photos back with him and showed the others and they were shocked about what they saw. He then told them that it can only be seen at night and that is why they didn’t see it before. So the next night a few piolets took flight to check out the neon glow for themselves and sure enough there it was. They couldn’t believe what they were seeing and they all marked it on a map and marked out the total area of the glow. Then they sent communications via landline to tell others to check else were for the glow under the instruction of looking only at night. When they finally got up close to the glow what they saw wasn’t strange at all, it was just solid flows of laver. So they took some samples of the laver to investigate why the laver is now emitting that purple neon glow. What they found out about the laver was strange, like not on the periodic table kind of strange it was also very highly radioactive that had no effect on a life form. They discovered a new element and at first had no idea how it came to be. Then with the high dose of radiation the new element produced it was understood to be a product of the nuclear war. They estimated that with the high concentration of radiation that was produced during the war and the volcano eruptions, the radiation must have entered the laver stream of the planet. Then with the high velocity speed of the laver flow in the Earth’s core and the immense pressure the laver is under, the condition brought about the birth of the new element. The name of this new element is Volvertion, a combination of the names that made the element possible, Vol (Volcano) Ver (laver) and Tion (eruption).

end of transmission...
Roda-Stein
2 x

aubotron
Clan Member
Clan Member

Re: First book is almost complete

Postby aubotron » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:54 pm

pilot..(jus sayin)...and...japan...as an enemy?...?? :wink:
1 x
Post for Victory!

FMJunkie
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby FMJunkie » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Oh and it is lava :)

Interesting story so far though.
1 x
I have a disease called AWESOME, you don't understand since you don't have it :!:

Roda-Stien
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby Roda-Stien » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:47 pm

I have fixed both of those things...

I put this on facebook about the story... "Oh the irony... I am writing a story at the moment that is based on a dream I had, and ironically it made me have a dream based on what I am writing lol"

A story about a dream created another dream in which I was in Sydney when it got nuked and I survived. Sydney sure did look different without most of it high rise buildings still up and it been destroyed.

end of transmission...
Roda-Stein
0 x

Return to “EBOOK”